I had NEVER cooked with cabbage before I tried this recipe. I was slightly hesitant, but noticed that the original post of the recipe had lots of comments saying it had been a hit. I got this recipe from the Wellness Mama blog (her blog has been a fantastic resource for me). We always make the stir-fry with taco seasonings and love it (there are other options for seasonings on her blog, I just haven’t tried them)! The actual recipe is found here. This recipe comes together fairly quick, which is nice when you are pinched for time.
Taco Beef Cabbage Stir-Fry
1 pound ground beef
1/2 head of cabbage, chopped
1/2 to 1 onion, chopped or thinly sliced
2-4 carrots, grated or chopped
2 chopped tomatoes and/or salsa (for serving)
1. Brown beef in large skillet.
2. When the beef is almost browned, add onions and carrots.
3. When onions and carrots start to soften, add the cabbage and taco seasoning.
4. Cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring, until cabbage starts to soften.
5. Serve with salsa or fresh tomatoes.
This post may contain affiliate links for which I may receive compensation. Thanks!