I’ve tried making whipped cream from soaked cashews–not my favorite. Coconut whipped cream on the other hand, is actually really good. You need to use a can of coconut milk and it needs to be regular (not lite).
Coconut Whipped Cream
1 can of coconut milk (not lite)
1 Tbsp. honey (or sweetener of choice–if desired)
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Put can of coconut milk in fridge for a few hours or a day or two. (Do not shake the can.)
2. Do NOT shake can, but open it with can opener.
3. Scoop out top “cream” layer with a spoon into a bowl. (For me it ended up being over half of the can.) Save the liquid at the bottom of the can for something else.
4. Whip the cream until it becomes the consistency of whipped cream. (The first time I made it I actually had to add some of the watery liquid to thin it out a bit.)
5. Add honey and vanilla if using and whip to combine.