Just like my other post that used zucchini as the noodles, I am astonished that these taste much better than they sound. I avoided all the recipes that used zucchini as noodles when I first started this diet, but really, they aren’t bad! They remind me slightly of egg noodles.
Grain-Free Spaghetti Noodles with Garlic (Zucchini Noodles/Pasta)
oil of choice (I used Extra-Virgin Olive Oil)
1. Peel zucchini. (I take off the green peeling for a more “appealing” noodle-look but you can probably use the green peelings as well!)
2. Using vegetable peeler, peel zucchini to make ribbons/noodles. (Stop when you get to the seeds.)
3. Put noodles between 2 paper towels and pat to remove some moisture. (I’ve also read you can put them in a colander and let them drain for a half hour.)
4. Put zucchini noodles, oil and garlic into a large skillet. Saute for 5-7 minutes or until they have reached desired tenderness.
5. Serve with your favorite sauce!
*Try playing with your favorite seasonings. I grew up always having toast with garlic salt sprinkled on top so I thought I’d incorporate the garlic flavor in my noodles–I loved them! Let me know what flavor variations you try!This post may contain affiliate links for which I may receive compensation. Thanks!