I was given some zucchini and was having fun experimenting with different things I could do with it. I tried zucchini chocolate cupcakes but they had a very strange texture…I decided to make my Coconut Flour Brownie recipe and add a bit of zucchini and see what would happen. The result was great! It made the brownies more moist and you can’t taste the zucchini. So without further ado, the Zucchini Brownie Recipe:
Coconut Flour Brownies (with secret ingredient–zucchini!)
1/2 cup butter or coconut oil
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup honey
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup shredded zucchini
3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Melt the butter or oil in a saucepan. Stir in the cocoa powder and remove from heat.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, honey, salt, baking powder & vanilla.
3. Pour cocoa/butter or oil mixture into the egg mixture and mix well.
4. Add flour and whisk until there are no lumps (I find using a hand mixer works great).
5. Add zucchini and mix well.
6. Fold in nuts (if using).
7. Pour into a 9×13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 14-18 minutes. (It took mine 15 minutes to be done.)
*You can also use an 8×8 or a 9×9 pan–just increase the time a bit. When you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean, they are done! We like to eat them with cut up bananas and fresh berries on top or Vanilla Ice Cream (with coconut milk) Enjoy!
*You can make a mint brownie version by adding 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract to the batter–this is also very yummy!This post may contain affiliate links for which I may receive compensation. Thanks!