It is September and I just picked another 3 cups of fresh strawberries! I’ve tried this recipe with both fresh and frozen and it is definitely easier to use fresh (easier to cut up), but if you use frozen, slightly defrost them first and they will be easier to cut into little pieces.
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (or oil)
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup strawberries, cut into small pieces, fresh or frozen
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine zucchini, eggs, applesauce (or oil), honey and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix well.
3. Add salt, coconut flour, and baking soda to wet ingredients. Mix until there are no coconut flour lumps.
4. Gently fold in strawberry pieces.
5. Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way full (or more).
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-28 minutes for regular sized muffins and 15-18 minutes for mini muffins.
*Makes 12 regular muffins and 6-10 mini muffins depending on how full you fill them.This post contains affiliate links for which I may receive compensation. Thanks you for your support!