We love waffles. And these waffles make us pretty happy, especially considering they are paleo!
Coconut Flour Waffles
Makes: 5-6 four-inch waffles
4 eggs, separated
2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup almond milk or coconut milk
1/4 cup sifted coconut flour
1/2 Tbsp. honey
1. Put all the egg whites in a bowl and set aside.
2. In a second mixing bowl, combine egg yolks and all the rest of the ingredients.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter mixture and gently mix until egg whites are incorporated.
4. Pour appropriate amount unto your waffle iron and cook. (On my waffle iron, I put 1 – 1 1/2 cups of batter on it and cook for 2 1/2 -3 1/2 minutes.)
5. Serve with fruit, pure maple syrup, and/or coconut whipped cream!
*This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled and the leftovers saved for later!
Shared on Pennywise Platter on 3/29/12!This post may contain affiliate links for which I may receive compensation. Thanks!