Swedish pancakes was one of my absolute favorite breakfasts growing up. I know I requested it multiple times for my “birthday breakfast”. It was another one of those food items I had missed since going grain-free. I say had missed because now I can enjoy them again! My dad always made swedish pancakes for us on a lefse griddle. I also make swedish pancakes on a lefse griddle, but you should be able to make them in a skillet on the stove.
1 1/4 cup almond milk
3 Tbsp. coconut flour
1/4 cup arrowroot
1/4 tsp. salt
butter or oil
1. Preheat griddle or skillet. (I set my lefse griddle to 325 degrees.)
2. Combine all the ingredients in a blender.
3. Blend until just combined.
4. Butter or grease skillet. (I take a stick of butter and rub the end of it around the griddle.)
5. Pour a thin layer of batter on griddle or skillet. Tip griddle or skillet in a circular motion to spread it out. Cook until the bottom is lightly browned. Flip over and cook briefly until that side is lightly browned. Enjoy!
*Serve with fresh fruit, maple syrup or just eat it plain!This post may contain affiliate links for which I may receive compensation. Thanks!