Well, I am not sure what to call these–they are made in a muffin pan and look like muffins, yet their texture is almost more of a bar or dessert and they remind me of pumpkin pie…hence the name. The smell of fall (and pumpkin!) is in the air! And hopefully more pumpkin recipes will follow!
Pumpkin-Apple Pie Muffins
1 cup chopped apples (about 1 apple)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 Tbsp. vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. cloves
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped (sprinkle on top)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line regular-sized muffin pan with liners.
2. Combine chopped apple, pumpkin puree, eggs, applesauce, vanilla and honey. Mix well.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
4. Divide batter among 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
6. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
I would love to hear feedback on these–if there are things you would change, add or delete. Let me know your thoughts! Most of my recipes are a work-in-progress.This post may contain affiliate links for which I may receive compensation. Thanks!