This was our Valentine’s Day Dessert this year! It isn’t as simple as opening a box of ice cream and a package of oreos, but this way it is grain-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free! It combines a few different recipes that I’ve already posted.
2-3 cups prepared Mint-Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (we used 3 cups, but this is more than one recipe of the ice cream…)
3/4 cup almond flour
3/4 cup almonds, finely chopped
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup raw honey
3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted (or butter)
3 Tbsp. cocoa or cacao
Coconut Whipped Cream and/or melted chocolate chips for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine almond flour, almonds, salt, honey, butter and cocoa in a bowl.
3. Press into a 9″ pie plate.
4. Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
5. Cool completely and place in freezer.
6. If your ice cream is already prepared and in the freezer, let it stand at room temperature until you can scoop and spread it fairly easily. Fill frozen pie shell with softened ice cream and place back into freezer to firm up. (If you prepare your ice cream after making the crust, you can pour it right into the crust from the ice cream maker.)
7. (Optional) Decorate pie with prepared coconut whipped cream and/or melted chocolate. Place back in the freezer until ready to serve! Remove pie from freezer for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
*I have only made this recipe once, and even though we loved it, we did have a bit of trouble with the crust coming apart from the ice cream section…if anyone has any tips that would help that, let me know!