Fruit pizza was another one of my favorite desserts growing up. I tried recreating my mom’s fruit pizza recipe…and the crust is totally different, but the rest of it is similar to the original recipe. I made this last week…and it didn’t last 24 hours in our home…so it is a bit dangerous–but we enjoyed it! I hope you will as well!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together all the crust ingredients.
3. Press into a greased 9×13 or similar sized pan. (I made mine on a baking stone and spread it out a bit more than 9×13.)
4. Bake at 350 for 13-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Cool completely.
Filling and Fruit Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
2 Tbsp. honey
1/4 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Sliced fruit and/or small berries (such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, mandarin oranges, kiwi, banana, peaches, grapes, etc.)
1. Whip together softened butter, honey, lemon juice and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2. Spread filling on top of crust.
3. Top with desired sliced fruit in any which way you choose.
1/4 cup water
2 tsp. arrowroot
1/4 cup orange juice
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. honey
1. Whisk together water and arrowroot in a saucepan. Add orange juice, lemon juice and honey.
2. Bring to boil (whisking occasionally) and boil 1 minute.
3. Cool slightly and drizzle/spread over the fruit. Enjoy your fruit pizza!
*Top with Coconut Whipped Cream for an extra-special treat!
NOTE: I have also made this eliminating the “filling” altogether and using the “glaze” as the layer between the crust and the fruit–it is yummy both ways!