Rhubarb season is upon us! The first rhubarb recipe I’d like to share with you is for rhubarb muffins. Hopefully there will be more to follow! I’ve been experimenting with a few different recipes and have had requests for a few more…we will see how my pregnancy continues and if I can get some of those recipes figured out and posted!
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut oil or melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice + enough almond milk to make 1/2 cup
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup arrowroot (I think almond flour would work here as a substitute, but haven’t tried it yet)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup chopped rhubarb
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 Tbsp. butter, melted (I’m sure melted coconut oil would work here as well)
1/2 Tbsp. honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 12 muffin papers.
2. Mix first section of ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the second section of ingredients. Incorporate dry ingredients into the wet and mix well.
4. Divide batter evenly among 12 muffin cups.
5. Combine 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 Tbsp. melted butter and 1/2 Tbsp. honey in a small bowl. Drizzle across the top of the muffins.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes (mine took 25).
Store in an airtight container in the fridge! Enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links for which I may receive compensation. Thanks!