Pinterest is a wonderful place full of wonderful ideas and TONS of delicious-looking recipes that I can’t eat…BUT those recipes offer plenty of inspiration to make something similar that I CAN eat. A while back a saw a recipe for chocolate dipped cookie dough bites and thought, why couldn’t we make a paleo version of this?
I started with my Almond Butter Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and tweaked it a bit to make this recipe. I hope you enjoy it! I will warn you, if you like these as much as I did…they are DANGEROUS to have in the house!! Yikes! I do think it will be a fun addition to a holiday dessert platter!
Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Bites (Grain-free)
1 cup almond butter
1/4 cup honey
2/3 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
(optional) 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
dark chocolate chips for melting (about a cup)
1 tsp. coconut oil
1. Combine almond butter, honey, coconut, salt, vanilla and 1/3 cup chocolate chips (if using) in a bowl and mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
2. Put bowl in fridge until dough is easier to roll into balls. (This time will totally vary depending on how runny your almond butter is. If after an hour or two the dough is still way too sticky to roll into a ball, try adding a bit more coconut.)
3. Roll dough into 1″ – 1 1/2″ balls. Place on wax paper lined plate. After rolling all the dough into balls, place plate in freezer.
4. Melt dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double-boiler over low heat.
5. Dip frozen (or partially frozen) balls into chocolate and place again on wax paper lined plate. Return plate to fridge or freezer for chocolate to harden.
*Store in fridge or freezer as the melted dark chocolate seems to melt on your fingers quite quickly. My preference is the texture out of the fridge, but others might prefer frozen!
Shared at: Allergy-Free Wednesday
This post contains affiliate links for which I may receive compensation. Thanks you for your support!