One meal we love to eat is cornbread and chili. After cutting out grains and refined sugars, we were still able to make chili paleo, but it starts to get a little tricky when it comes to cornbread…pretty much a paleo oxymoron. For quite some time, we would “cheat” and make a gluten-free version of cornbread. This winter I finally started experimenting with a recipe that would resemble cornbread, but actually wouldn’t contain any corn or grains. And here is the result! I hope you enjoy it! I know there are a ton of ways people like cornbread, so I apologize if this doesn’t taste exactly like the cornbread you are used to. We love to eat ours with butter and pure maple syrup–yum!!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 baking pan or line with parchment paper.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Add wet ingredients and mix until well-incorporated.
4. Pour mixture into prepared 8×8 pan and spread evenly.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
*Serve with chili, maple syrup, butter or however you like to eat cornbread!
This post contains affiliate links for which I may receive compensation. Thanks you for your support!